Thursday 6 August 2009

JOHNNY SUPREMO AT YOUR SERVICE.....................................................................

  • Take it from me, I can more than anyone else help you to achieve better results. Often they come about by just squeezing out an exra top or two.......and it's the little bits of magic that often do the trick.
  • For instance the other day when I secured that all important top for first prize...... I had to tackle the same tricky problem as other declarers, desperately worried in a dodgy 3 Notrumps contract. I needed three tricks from the heart suit, with dummy holding 972 opposite my AK64 .....and like everyone else I was forewarned about my RHO having five cards (and values) in that suit.
  • So what card did I need my LHO to have in his miserable heart doubleton ..... if I was to secure my objective? Why the EIGHT OF HEARTS of course.
  • So let's assume my LHO has either 10-8 or 8-small. If you as declarer tackle the suit first byleading low from hand towards dummy, West will certaining jump in with the 10 if he has it. So once you're back in, and over in dummy, the play of the heart 9 will pin your LHO's 8..............either winning the trick or forcing your RHO to cover with the jack. This would be whopped by your King................ and on re-entry to dummy, your A-6 now sits comfortably over RHO's Q-small.
  • If your LHO hasn't the 10, a finesse is taken with the 7 if the eight doesn't first appear. Your RHO opponent will of course win the 10. Yet again on the second round of the suit played from dummy, the 9 will pin the 8......... and the same winning lines can be taken. If however the LHO does stick in the 8 , dummy's 9 will force the RHO to win with the 10. Now the 7 of spades can be run from dummy to produce 3 tricks in hearts whatever your RHO chooses to play.

( So please look out for me in the future, if you are looking for those little gems that just might give you that all important edge. Ignore the ludicrous clap-clap and advice Bigot-Johnson is renown for, should he get on his soap-box to spout on about his wonderful table presence and card-playing prowess. The man hasn't got a clue.)

No comments: