Friday 25 September 2009

AN OPEN LETTER TO BIGOT-JOHNSON..............( plus his reply )

Dear Bigot, I find myself in total disagreement with your views, which repeatly harp on about how the EBU rankings do not reflect the true ability and skill levels of players.. How dare you suggest that the practice of "buying" green points makes the whole business rather unsavoury ! How dare you suggest that the current method of obtaining promotions through high volume attendance is inferior to the method of rating players according to their green point event average !!

Make no mistake the EBU intends to keep faith with its existing system, displaying the same conviction as those in my church reading group who claim the world is flat, having all fours corners the Bible describes. I suppose you will be telling me next that the Earth goes round the sun, when it is plainly obvious to me ( and anyone else ) looking up at the sky that the sun goes around the earth. People like you make me squirm with all your self-righteous twaddle. Your self-proclaimed wisdom is no more than delusional claptrap. Put your trust in the EBU's great works of truth. Two such masterpieces were their recent publications " Maintaining The Status Quo ". and " No Need To Fix Things Until They Break Down".

If bridge players like you are out to challenge the gospels of the EBU, and its long held and revered customs and practices, then the future for bridge looks bleak. It is of paramount importance that you remove tourself from this blog site so readers can be spared from the ludicrous drivel that spews from you mouth. Yours ( pinning my hopes on an apology at least ) Spike Yew

Dear Spike, Not a chance. I'm not surprised my articles needled you. What a prick you are. You remind me of my friend's daughter, who saw a spider creeping across the floor only to scoop it up in her hands and release it outside.......such was her blinkered view that such creatures need to be protected. Where could she have learned such odd behaviour that will only give rise to a planet over-run with spiders. ? Surely, some misguided fool instructed her that bugs should not be stomped upon. Well, if God hadn't intended us to stomp on bugs, then why did He give us two flat feet, and spiders such horrible scary-looking bodies ? A bigot I may be...... but at least I'm not a blinkered old fool, like you. Yours (hoping you're sharp enough to get my point ) Bigot-Johnson

No comments: