Friday 13 November 2009

REBECCA ROOD'S MAILBAG........................................................
  • Dear Rebecca, Am I paranoid or not? Whenever opponents call a TD over to my table, not a single decision goes my way. Even when I appeal I lose.....no matter how much I feel an injustice has been done. Yours feeling particularly aggrieved, Aggie
  • Dear Aggie, You obviously haven't got a clue as to what the rules are, otherwise you wouldn't keep falling foul of them. However, I do have some sympathy for you. Given that bridge has become so much more competitive these days, there is I'm afraid an emerging culture of intolerance and profiteering. In the words of Tony Forrester " nobody understands the finer points of the rules, except those who have an opportunity to profit by them". So on that basis you are never likely to get a decision going your way, especially if your opponents know you've broken the rules. My advice to you is to read the rules and understand them. This knowledge will enable you to behave and act correctly......denying them opportunities.... while creating a few for yourself. In the world of bridge it's a case of dog eat dog. Yours getting down to the bone, Rebecca

No comments: