Sunday 8 August 2010

BIGOT CALLS IN ON DR. JOHN AGAIN...........................
- " Doc....I keep having this terrible re-occurring nightmare......"
- " Please continue...."
- " Well, there I am at a bridge congress, only to see 3 to 4 hundred people, strangers to each other, but all looking exactly like me. Even my partner turned up like a clone of myself....for pity's sake...."
- " Now that is weird...."
- " So in this room full of my selves, we 're all sitting there as calm, peace-loving, ultra-friendly individuals in excellent spirit and good heart............. exchanging pleasantries and warm words of welcome. But within minutes of the start, the room rocks with emotion. Men and women......Bigotesque in both appearance and behaviour......are now exposing their true colours. Victims of some hideous change, we all move from being well adjusted, well functioning people into highly charged and highly emotional banshees. We are stirring to our depths......"
- " How interesting......tell me more...."
- " Inside all our heads.......deep within our minds......the same messages are being pumped out time and time again....... I want to win.....I want the fame......I want success......I want to be a bridge champion......I want to become a bridge legend........someone who will be revered ......and feared. "
- Yes Bigot, I can see all those wants. But I also see so much longing. And for you so much pain. Pain that is always close to the surface, only minutes deep. Destiny pain. Loser's pain. Pain that will always be there, waiting for you at each and every turn. Pain that is all too easily accessible. Even if you try to become someone else.....The Bigot in you will return to condemn you to more suffering, more loss, more humiliation, and more pain. "
- " But hold on there doc.....surely one of the Bigots in my dream has to win ? "
- " Sadly not.....because as you have revealed about your past , success has only come about from underhand, unethical, ireprehensible tactics at the table. The guilt and the shame of how that success was achieved returns again and again to haunt you, without mercy or respite. Success at this price is no succcess at all. "
- So what does all this mean, Doctor John ? "
- Well, firstly you are someone who recognises and projects all your shortcomings and failures ( not to mention your appalling looks and appearance ) onto every other player. This of course explains why you end up seeing yourself everywhere you look. Secondly, the more the pain of bridge cuts into your psyche.......the more you crave for real success. And the more you crave for success......the deeper the cuts become as you experience more and more defeats. Moreover....the harder you try the more likely you are to fail. "
- " Jesus....this is terrible......surely , there's no more bad news ? "
- " Sorry to say this....but yes.....you have forced my hand.......... Bigot, you also have a classic paranoid personality disorder which is utterly incurable. "
- " Any other more bad news ? "
- " Possibly so.....this session has just set you back £ 200.......and you still owe me for several others ! "
- " Bugger...."

No comments: