Friday 13 August 2010

NOW IF FRANK SINATRA HAD BEEN A BRIDGE PLAYER THEN THE LYRICS OF " MY WAY " WOULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.......... ( New suggestions by Dr. Sigmund T. Schukelgruber )
And now the match is over
I must face the final curtain
The captain goin' to do me in
That I know for certain
I have never played like such a dick
I find it hard to say
Hopeless contracts I take the blame
But I had to bid them my way
Doubles, oh there were a few
In fact, too many to mention
Most cost 500 plus and more
Always without exception
In defence I did my best
Not to go astray
But declarer read my signals
To find a winning way
Yes, then there were times in which I knew
I'd bitten off more than I could chew
For on rare occasions, when there was hope
I blew my chances like a dope
I felt so stupid, so very small
Now comes the time to grovel and crawl
I binned that many contracts I cried out loud
I'd played like a cretin, I wasn't proud
And here's the Captain with his evil eye
About to sentence me to die
He said I played like " an utter prat "
But I'll have him know I've played worse than that
So bloody what..... if it wasn't my day
We all at times choose the wrong way
So here I stand like a battered loser
Captain's buggered off to the local boozer
To drown his sorrows, to curse and swear
For he's not a man who likes to care
'Bout injuries I got from his vicious blows
But hey... that's the way his captaincy goes

No comments: