Sunday 5 February 2012

BIGOT FINALLY FACES UP TO THE TRUTH : A POETIC CONFESSION

( This confession, susposedly written by this sad, broken,  near suicidal man,  was in fact loosely based on an excerpt taken from a Philip Larkin poem.....entitled " Ignorance " )

I sit down at the table
Thinking
As always
" I can play this game " 

But it doesn't take long
Before
A reality check
Sets in
Reminding me
Just how little
I know........
Never sure
Of what to do
Of what is true
Of what is right
Or real.........
Forcing me to qualify
My poor decisions
As "  That's what I felt "
" It seemed right at the time "
" I took a view "........
But at least I'm comforted
Somewhat
By the fact
I am not alone
For so many of us
Remain condemned
To live
Forever
In abject ignorance........
And as for those lucky bastards
Who do know
How to play this game
Well, I could count them
On the fingers
Of my right hand......
Which
As it happens
Is holding
And pointing
A loaded gun
At the empty space
Where
My bridge brain
Ought to be
...........



No comments: