Sunday 19 August 2012

THE POETIC GENIUS OF DR.SIGMUND T. SCHUKELGRUBER..... ( A short poem entitled " Sorry "  having been adapted from a little gem by James Carter )

Sorry, I wasn't observing
Of a single card you played
I drifted off into the mists of time
And a wonderful woodland glade

Sorry, I wasn't watching
What suit you were wanting then
Did you signal the diamond two
Or was it the diamond ten ?   

Sorry , I wasn't listening
Had we agreed to Michaels or not ?
Now having overcalled 1D with two
You've just put me on the spot

Sorry , I wasn't counting
Ooops...is there a trump remaining ?
Why is this whole bridge experience
So mentally taxing and physically draining ?

Sorry , I wasn't thinking
I'm away on another planet
It's the fear of doing something wrong
That freaks me out....
GODDAMMIT 








No comments: