Saturday 29 December 2012

YESTERDAY A MOST UNUSUAL CONSERVATION TOOK PLACE OUTSIDE THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE BC.......a nearly true story Bridgemeister Gibson

(  Bigot-Johnson, for the fourth day running, was seen frantically digging a hole right next to the club house wall.  This time a very concerned and worried club member walked over to the madman, desperate to get some answers to satisfy her curiosity. )

" What on earth are you doing ? "
" Digging a hole ! "
" But why ? "
" Because some smart arse club member advised me not to...... "
" So why dig the hole anyway ? "
" Advising or telling me not to dig a hole simply fills me with the motivation and determination to get a spade and start digging....." 
" But you've made the hole so big you're in danger of seriously damaging the foundations of the club house " 
" Well, I never.....someone else warned me about that ...."
" So why don't you stop digging this hole.....and start filling it back up again "
" That would be capitulation on my part.....It would be ludicrous for me to stop now after all the time, effort and money I've put into this venture......because all of that would then be for nothing. Moreover, to waste even more time, effort and money into filling the hole would be an insane option "
" So why not stop..... leave the hole as it is..........and simply call it a day "
" I can't....heavens above woman....once I've started a job I have to see it through to the bitter end "
" And when will that be ? "
" When the hole has become an abyss.....all an consuming black hole..... which everyone , including myself, will be sucked into.....and consumed "
" Bigot..... I mean it.......you need serious help........"
" By Jove, you're right..........go fetch that other spade ,leaning up against my car.......... and start digging "





No comments: