Monday 7 April 2014

BIGOT-JOHNSON COLLARS DR.JOHN.....

B-J : Doc....I need some reassurance
Dr.J :  Why is that ?
B-J : It's the members....they've the bloody nerve to call me a control freak....I ask you how ludicrous is that.......tell me it's not true
Dr. J : Well tell me Bigot.....are you ever prepared to change your ways to accommodate others ....or do you insist that they charge their ways to accommodate you
B-J : Please get this into your thick skull.....I'm their chairman for God's sake.....voted in by these stupid morons ...to make decisions and to give orders......of course they have to step in line....or should I say toe the line
Dr.J : So you attempt then to micromanage others to make them fit in with your expectations no matter how ridiculous and unrealistic they might be ?
B-J : What choice have I got ? Asking numpties to do things is like flogging a dead horse.......I have to keep cracking the whip ....or else apathy would set in 
Dr.J : So I take it then you like to sit in judgement on a member's behaviour , deciding whether it's right or wrong , good or bad......choosing no doubt to sit in silence as a way of showing your displeasure ?
B-J : Are you mad ?......If anyone crosses that line they're in for the high jump and a right good dressing down. I see everything as black or white......either members are for me ...or else they are against me.......and those who are not in my camp need to be dealt with in no uncertain way 
Dr.J : So you want the members to be like sheep ?
B-J : Yes....with me as The Lord Shepherd 
Dr.J : As for committee agendas I presume they are nothing more than your own.... personal....
agendas
B-J : Of course.....that's because I'm the only bugger who knows what's good for the club.....the only one capable of coming up with initiatives and ideas
Dr.J :  This leads me to suspect that you're not the kind of person who is willing to adapt , compromise....or meet people half way ?
B-J : Too damn right....compromise pleases no one.....running a club requires a man of vision....who is prepared to take risks ..... not pussy foot around. My job involves attempting to incept the members by managing their impression of me........this in turn requires me to present worse case scenarios as a way of influencing their thinking to fall in line with mine 
Dr.J : You mean fear management ?
B-J : Not really....more a dose of brutal realism and a few hard-hitting truths 
Dr.J : And what about ambiguity ?
B-J : Well ...what about it !
Dr.J : Do you have a difficult time with not knowing about an issue.....or not knowing all the relevant facts regarding that issue?
B-J : I don't need to know all the details......just the ones which confirm decisions which I arrived ages before
Dr.J : So how do you reach your decisions ?
B-J : Gut feelings....instinct.....intuition .....and of course .....being blessed with vision
Dr.J : Would you also describe yourself as an interventionist ?
B-J : Of course....no point sitting back and letting lunatics take over the asylum.....I'm not one for giving members a free reign or sticking my head in the sand hoping problems will just blow away. I'm a mover... a shaker....a do-er.... the one who is always picking up the baton
Dr.J : And whacking people over the head with it...... from all accounts
B-J : So you're also suggesting I'm a control freak ?  ....you quack.......call yourself an analyst .......what do you know about this subject ?
Dr. J : I'm just trying to understand the way you think , behave and react to things
B-J : Well get a load of this reaction then....... I've answering no more of these nasty and  incriminating questions...... your name is now going into my little black book ....which I'll be passing on to Ronnie and Reggie  

No comments: