Thursday 24 September 2015

A NEARLY TRUE  BUT SAD AND SHOCKING STORY......
( As told to Bridgemeister Gibson by a little bird ) 

As two eagle-eyed members approached the gate entrance of their local bridge club , they spotted and recognised an old man sitting down by the roadside kerb , obviously upset and very distraught 

- Hey Goosey ......what's troublin' you ? You look as though you've had your feathers somewhat 
  ruffled
- I've been removed from the club house by a couple of crowing committee members
- How come ?
- Well , I hadn't paid this year's subs....I just hadn't got round to it
- Couldn't they let you in as a visitor until you sent them the money ?
- No....it seems I had already used this year's quota of 3 visits as a non-member 
- Good God....this committee lot a real sticklers for the rules !
- Not half....they love to rule the roost
- So I take it you asked for another membership application form ?
- Sure did.....but I was told " I needn't bother "
- Good grief....why possessed them to say that ?
- Quite....because I asked them the very same question and their reply was " it's likely to
  get refused......which prompted me to say  " on what grounds ".....and their answer was " we  
  don't care for late-payers like you......you're the kind of member we can do without "
- Well shag me with a rag man's trumpet....I'm shocked to the core to hear such a sad and
  sorry tale........this all smacks of expulsion by exclusion
- Yes....my thoughts entirely.....I was a sitting duck waiting to be shot.... in fact when I was being  
  shown the door I asked them " Isn't this meant to be a social and friendly club ? "
- And what was their reply ?
- " That's what we aiming for..... for as you know there's a pecking order in this place and it's 
  essential for those at the top to remove the trouble-making riff raff at the bottom to create a 
  sanctuary of love , mutual respect and harmony "

No comments: