- There's sod all costs involved............other than giving up a few minutes of one's internet time.
- There's no price whatsoever that can be put on the benefits derived from a right good dollop of humour, satire and parody.
- Given the sad fact there is only one winner in any bridge competition, where everyone else is a " loser ", then there's a real need for these poor, hard-done-to souls to cheer themselves up.........which this blog of course aims to do.
- The Bizarre World of Bridge, more than any other blog, keeps on experimenting......looking for original ways to entertain and shock its readers.....willing to go that extra mile to push the frontiers of published claptrap and balderdash into new uncharted territories.
- Moreover, I have achieved what no one else ever has.....or ever thought possible. I have made the content even more outrageous than the characters it lampoons. It takes broad, sometimes crude.....but never vicious....swipes at what we ( as players ) tend to gripe about. Aspects of the game which are foolish, sentimental, contradictory, venal, stuffy, or just plain scary. In other words it Gilds The Lily, it carries carbohydrates to Farouk.
- All the feature writers involved have style.............all of their very own.
- This blog.....let it be said.....gives its readers meaningful insights to this very strange and unusual world, which will add a new dimension to their otherwise naive understanding of the game. Once their eyes have been opened, the process of enlightenment can begin......as one breathtaking revelation will follow another.
Saturday, 12 June 2010
7 DAMN GOOD REASONS WHY EVERY BRIDGE PLAYER SHOULD BE READING THIS BLOG......................( Article by Bigot-Johnson )