Friday 13 April 2012

BIGOT SIGNS UP A NEW MEMBER........

(  With the Slaughter House BC hemorrhaging players left , right and centre Bigot-Johnson decided to be more proactive in the recruitment of new potential members . The following is a short extract from a telephone conversation between the great man and Jeremy ,  the most recent applicant . ) 

B-J : So you want to join the Slaughter House Bridge Club ?
J :  Yes......I'm really taken by the idea...
B-J : Oh, that's good....but are you really cut out to survive modern day bridge clubs ?
J :  I don't know until I try. You see....I've been going around in circles for years looking for a place to be myself.....
B-J : And who might " yourself " really be ?
J : Just someone who will be bringing along a lot of baggage . Stubbornness , prejudice , fascist idealism , unresponsiveness , uncontrolled aggression , dangerous pre-conceptions , resentment and intolerance......all that sort of thing
B-J : You sound perfect to me......someone who'll easily fit into the culture of this club
J : Really ?
B-J : Absolutely......but tell me what the hell is that grinding noise I can hear ?
J : Oh...that's me..... gnashing my teeth in anticipation 
B-J : Wonderful.....looking forward to seeing you soon

No comments: