Sunday 2 June 2013

REBECCA ROOD'S MAILBAG................

Dear Rebecca,
I have played bridge in all sorts of clubs all over the UK. But never in my experience have I encountered one like the Jolly Roger BC, tucked away in the quaint Dorset town of Rammett Upham. 
I turned up there as an uninvited guest,  but the members went out of their way to be both  warm and welcoming. There was so much drinking going on during the play, the duplicate itself was brought to a sudden halt after board eight, when everyone started to strip off. By then , I had also consumed a fair amount of alcohol, and so I naturally I just didn't seem to care.
The next thing I remember was my male partner jumping me without warning. I knew it was wrong, but I let it happen.
Not once....but several times with many of the other very obliging members !
Now  I feel so ashamed. What should I do ?

Yours still in a quandary , Freda Gossip

Dear Freda,
I'll tell you what you should do. Publish the damn details of what nights this club opens, and the directions to get there. The Jolly Roger is what I see as the future of bridge..... if bridge is to have a future at all.

Yours travelling down there at breakneck speed, Rebecca Rood     

        

No comments: