Sunday 7 October 2012

DR. JOHN'S MOST TROUBLED CLIENT........
( Yet again a tortured and tormented Bigot-Johnson turns up at Dr.John's surgery for urgently needed help......)

Dr.J : So what is this re-occurring dream....or should I say , nightmare....you've been having lately ?
B-J :  The landscape is always the same... stark and unforgiving....I'm standing bollock naked in the middle of a vast desert....lost....abandoned....and without hope.......and when I look back over my shoulder there is a trail of footprints in the sand.....to remind me of the long and wearisome journey I've been on. But strangely ..... in a few places along the way there are two sets of footprints ..... but for the most part there are only one set.......so please tell me doctor what does it all mean ?
Dr.J : The desert represents an accurate review of your life as a bridge player..... an empty , barren wasteland...... never having won , or achieved , anything of merit
B-J : ( Whimpering ).....I know....I know.....and given the talent I was blessed with to play the game at the highest level......that realisation crucifies me......But what of the footprints ? What do they symbolise ?
Dr. J :  I'm glad you asked that..... because where there are two sets......one belongs to you....the other of course  belong to your partners'
B-J :  Yes....yes...but for most of the journey there was only one set of footprints ?
Dr. J : Well to me the meaning is clear.....for most of your bridge life your partners have carried you.....and what modicum of success you have achieved.....the occasional Saturday night duplicate win at the Walnut Tree.....was always down to your partner's inspired play....
B-J : Oh my God....this is all too horrible to take in
Dr.J : Indeed......your deep rooted guilt , shame , self-recrimination and remorse will come back.... again and again.... to haunt you ...for in your dreams there is no hiding place from the truth .
B-J : I'm doomed.....Can anything be more painful than what you've just told me ?
Dr.J : Yes....I believe so....the bill for this session will cost you £400
B-J : Bugger me....you're so right.....you knowledgeable old scoundrel

   

No comments: