Thursday 2 February 2012

TOXIC
TED
BATEMAN
FACES
DISCIPLINARY
OVER
PERSISTENT
PSYCHING
..........

( The following is short extract from
the disciplinary hearing's transcript )

Chairman : Ted....enough is enough....your persistent psyching has to stop.....
Ted : Excuse me ....but psychic bids are legitimate
Chairman : Only if you can prove there's no understanding between you and your partner
Ted : Well, having made one on the very first board my partner would automatically assume I wouldn't make anymore......that's how much of a simpleton he is
Chairman : Oh.....you might have a point there......but the fact remains you psyched 13 times in a recent competition securing 13 tops in the process
Ted : Yes.....but there are no rules limiting their frequency.... providing of course my numpty of a partner continues to believe in all my bids....  and let's face it psyching.....when no harm can come of it..... is wonderful......Why take the above hand ( board 24 ).....my partner opened 2S ( weak), pass and 2NT from me ! When the bid was queried by South my partner described the bid as a good opener, as stated on our system card. He then dutifully bid 3D showing a feature, and my 3S ended the auction.
Chairman : Well you certainly scuppered your opponents from finding their rigid vulnerable 3NT ...
Ted : Like shooting fish in a barrel.....even if we had been doubled careful play would have seen us making at least 6 tricks .... and minus 500 still gives us a cracking good top
Chairman : But these psyches are nothing than deliberate convention disruptions in circumstances where there is everything to gain and nothing to lose....
Ted : Yes...that is the beauty of the bid......and the beauty of this game
Chairman : You're incorrigible.....
Ted : I'm toxic
Chairman : God.....you're worse than Bigot....
Ted : I know....
  

No comments: