- If anyone needs a ruling you'll find me upstairs
- He told us his partner would be the death of him. How right he was.
- I'm more in the dark now that I was playing bridge
- Half way into a tricky slam he tempted fate when he said " I think I can make it ". Words that have surely come back to haunt him
- His dying words were, as he went down in 3 NT contract : " that was a particularly nasty heart attack "
- Deeply missed by all who never knew him
- He said his opponent's superb declarer play " completely took his breath away ". No truer words were said.
- As a player he was forever biting his nails. Now it's just dust.
- I know I got partner riled, but can anyone shed some light on what happened next ?
- His last words were " Partner, any idiot can change a light bulb....just watch and learn ".
- He solved some of the most difficult and complex bridge problems, only to die of complications
- He said " This is the type of hand I would die for " : truly a man of his word.
- After years of trying to improve his game, he finally saw light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately for him it was a fast approaching train.
- Died of shock when he fell victim to a killing switch
Monday, 23 January 2012
MORE GRAVESTONE EPITAPHS IN REMEMBRANCE OF SADLY DEPARTED BRIDGE PLAYERS....... ( Tombstone research by Pun )