Sunday 4 November 2012

21 THINGS YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A BRIDGE PLAYER SAY.................... ( Article by Carp )

  • Sorry, that defeat was all down to my bad play
  • The next round is on me
  • Bigot-Johnson is a gentleman and a scholar
  • There are far more able players than me, who should be taking my place in the team
  • When TDs rule against me I take all their decisions with grace and disciplined approval
  • Yes, I would love to volunteer and help out the committee 
  • Partner, you were right after all
  • I haven't got a clue as to what you're talking about
  • There's no way I could do a better job if I was running the club
  • Partner, thanks for being so understanding and tolerant
  • Our opponents deserved to win
  • Yes, I know of the convention but I don't really understand it 
  • You choose partner where you would like to sit
  • My success had more to do with luck than ability
  • I respect and value the views of all club members
  • I always rely on my partners to carry me through
  • I welcome criticism 
  • I never criticise players when I'm guilty of making the same mistakes  
  • How much do I owe the driver for petrol ?
  • I often prick my ears when players make comments about boards coming my way
  • My only chance of winning is when I'm up against against clueless rabbits   

No comments: