The other night I turned up as a guest at the infamous Slaughter House Bridge Run , owned and managed By Howard Bigot-Johnson. And let me tell you the Hell Fire Club would have resembled a monastery compared to this place. To say anything goes off here would be a gross understatement , with players of both sexes behaving like thugs and hooligans. The things I saw being thrown across the room left be speechless...... as well as ducking for cover. This wasn't just the bizarre world of modern day bridge but a battlefield in an extremely dangerous war zone. Items I saw players throw included ....
- tantrums , fits and paddies
- all manner of glances , mostly menacing
- massive wobblies
- rule books
- cold water ( on decent suggestions and ideas )
- huge dollops of dirt ( on all and sundry )
- insults ( by the dozen )
- money on lost causes
- salt on someone else's game
- babies along with the bath water
- caution to the wind
- one's weight around
But I must say that this was bridge which had me on the edge of my seat , for the longest and most amazing white knuckle ride of my life.