Friday 21 September 2012

YET ANOTHER WOULD-YOU-BELIEVE-IT CONVERSATION AT THE BENIGN BC USA

( The only place on earth where it would be totally out of order to accuse someone of cheating  )

Player 1 : Excuse me Sir.......... and please don't take offence........but did you just peek at my cards ?
Player 2 : Not intentionally .....I inadvertently caught sight of a few
Player 1 : Oh dear.....perhaps I accidentally moved my hand across into your field of vision ?
Player 2 : I believe that to be the case....
Player 1 :  I'm so terribly sorry to have put you into this awkward predicament . ......Please accept my humble apologies.....and allow me to show you the rest of my hand as a gesture of good faith and gratitude
Player 2 : Why thank you Sir........you're a gentleman and a scholar

( The following board ) 

Player 1 : Excuse me Sir...... but did I see your partner counting out the seconds before you doubled my partner's opening bid
Player 2 : Indeed you did....how observant of you.....
Player 1 : But what is most strange......is that on every previous occasion he did this...... the number of high card points you came up with actually tallied with the number of seconds you took before making your double
Player 2 :  That's amazing......the odds of that happening must be a million to one 
Player 1 : Or even more.....and so what are the odds then of you coming up with a 13 point hand ?
Player 2 : My God........ that's exactly what I've got........that's incredible......absolutely unbelievable ......the odds must be astronomical
Player 1 : Indeed they must be....to have a sequence of such amazing co-incidences like that beggars belief..... it has been a privilege to see this miracle unfold before my very eyes......I thank you for that....
Player 2 : You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar......

No comments: