Tuesday 28 September 2010

A CONVERSATION I OVERHEARD THE OTHER DAY........ ( By Bridgemeister Gibson )
Club member (CM) : Bigot......you've got a puzzled on your face ?
B-J : Well, I have to admit......I just can't believe my luck...
CM : Why .....what's happened ?
B-J : Well, I've found a new member who is more than happy to be my partner......
CM : No kidding ?
B-J : Not only that but he actually rates me as a top player ....
CM : Wow....what can one say ?
B-J : And the best thing of course is that he never argues, always willing to acknowledge and accept all my critical observations about his play....... but most of all he takes every insult I throw at him in his stride
CM : Now.....that is something !
B-J : But there's more.....he's not that bad at bridge either.....and the icing on the cake is that he's incredibly courteous, respectful, and generous with his praise towards me
CM : So why the puzzled look ?
B-J : Well, when he is away from the bridge table you begin to realise that he's a total and utter prat.....the most stupid man I have ever come across...
CM : I figured that ......... given all what you've just said about him
B-J : Now that remark warrants a two worded response.........bugger off...

No comments: