- Rescue - an act occasionally carried out by concerned onlookers , who feel duty bound to protect a fellow member from his/her physically aggressive partner
- Ist position - the place where fat obnoxious players set out to occupy, when forming a queue for the mid-interval buffet
- 2nd position - the place where one expects to find the pot-bellied partner of the guy in front
- Open pairs - an event which requires all well endowed women to turn up in low slung dresses with plunging neck-lines
- Double jump - an unexpected bonus when teaming up with a more than willing partner
- First round - what the members of a winning team expect their captain to buy
- Bridge World - a strange and mysterious place full of geeks , social misfits and grumpy old people
- Dealer - one who is renown for " pushing " , " sniffing " , and enjoying a " bit of crack "
- Turn - what mardy players tend to do when things go wrong
- Individual movement - a tragic consequence of being an incontinent bridge player
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY..........