Tuesday 21 May 2013

PERCEPTIONS : OH HOW THEY DIFFER...... ( Article by Dr. Sigmund T. Schukelgruber )

The most fascinating thing about people is how they can all look at an object, or incident ,  but see something completely different.
In bridge.  where partnerships are made up of strong aggressive types paired up with weak passive punchbags, their perceptions of one another's behaviour will be miles apart. The intolerant no-nonsense expert will see his behaviour as perfectly reasonable and acceptable, whereas the hapless, under-pressure, long-suffering partner will , without doubt , have a completely different take on what he/she is experiencing. So let's now look at the gulf which exists between their respective perceptions :

How the intolerant expert sees himself............................How the under-siege partner defines his behaviour  

There's nothing wrong with voicing..................It's pathetic the way he keeps on throwing
my opinions                                                 these outrageous tantrums

Letting partner know where he went................Please God can someone stop him droning on !
wrong is so important

My criticism is purely constructive....................After that bollocking I haven't a shred of self-
                                                                       confidence left 

As caring and concerned teacher........................Why are you such a sadist !

I'm helping you to develop your game..................Any more of this torture and I'll surely top myself

Excuse me if I sound a little harsh.....................You are nothing more than a mean evil bastard

I speak the truth...............................................I've never felt so insulted and abused !

It's vital to go over things again.........................Don't you ever let things lie, you merciless bully 

Helping partner is a worthwhile sacrifice..............I'm being nailed to a wooden cross yet again

It's vital partner gets the point.............................That tosser always wants to needle me. Why ?  







  

No comments: