Friday 3 May 2013

REBECCA ROOD'S MAILBAG..........

Dear Rebecca,

Just recently I've picked up some amazing  results, scooping up trophies I never thought possible,  given my status as non-expert player.
The reason behind this recent run of success simply comes down to the power of prayer. Whenever I pray for something to be right.... or happen at the table....... IT DOES !!  Once I was in a hopeless slam when the only chance of making it was a revoke by one of the opponents. My prayer was answered. On another occasion I prayed that a side suit needed to break 6-1, with the off-side stiff king coming down under my Ace. Again my prayer was answered. Many times I prayed that the opponents would pull out the wrong bidding card, or make the only opening lead which would land me the contract , and every time The Lord duly obliged. 
Even when I  asked the Lord to  " nobble " my nearest challenger, the next thing I knew was that a TD had expelled him from the tournament for using foul and abusive language. 
So does having God's help and assistance make me a cheat ?

Yours racked with guilt,  the Reverend Graham Blessing

Dear Reverend,

Cheating at bridge can viewed in many different ways : amoral, immoral, unethical, illegal, criminal and darn right nasty.  Indeed, such behaviour is an affront to God's teaching and sacred principles. God abhors cheats,  and therefore He would never allow Himself to be associated with such heinous and devilish practices.
Why, every bridge player I know repeatedly turns to prayer in moments of crisis,  and just because God has chosen to assist you does not make you a cheat.....just a rather fortunate, fortuitous, favoured, charmed, lucky, jammy toe rag.

Yours who has never had an even break, Miserably Rood
    

  

No comments: