- Business double : often a very large whiskey to celebrate pulling off a superb contract
- Take a view : the process by which a decision can be reached without having to consider the evidence or determine the truth
- Vacant spaces : what usually lies between most bridge players' ears
- Half trick : an early withdrawal from congress
- Tap : a manner commonly used by players to persuade their partners to lend them some cash
- Tight : the term given to players who can't be "tapped "
- Analysis : a high level cognitive skill lost to the run-of-the-mill bridge player
- Control : what players fail to do with their anger and frustration , allowing their emotions to run riot instead
Thursday, 24 November 2011
THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY.......................