Saturday 12 January 2013

ANOTHER MIND NUMBING INCIDENT FROM INSIDE THE BENIGN BC USA......... ( where sub-zero tolerance policies have created a playing atmosphere of sickeningly false good naturedness and ingratiating politeness  )

North : Partner.....to see you making eight tricks filled me with great pleasure
South : But I was in 3S doubled !......And more to the point I should have made ten tricks
North : You mustn't beat yourself up like that....I'm damned relieved you weren't two off for minus five hundred
South : Indeed sir.....indeed.....and on that positive thought I must congratulate myself
North : I'm afraid you can't do that......according to ZT rule 2194 " it is deemed bad practice for players to congratulate themselves, or their partners,  for fear of offending their opponents, who might well be embarrassed having foolishly lobbed away tricks through their  inept, shameful and woeful play...." 
South : Yes.....it is wrong to be smug and jolly at another's misfortune.......because as it happened I'm pretty sure an agitated and troubled East revoked at trick 5
North : Did he.....I didn't notice that....
South : Well, I didn't want to call the director for fear of making an allegation that may have been incorrect .......and neither did I want to impose upon a director..... who was already run off his feet dealing with dozens of petty queries
North : How considerate of you....
East : Excuse me......but did I hear you say I might have revoked ?
South : Yes.....I'm very sorry if I was mistaken
East : Well, I suspect you may be right....I do tend to mix up my clubs with my spades.....I'm sure my eyesight is beginning to fail me...
South : Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that......but as for the revoke....that's all water under the bridge so to speak 
North : Yes, no use now crying over spilt milk......we've two more boards to play
East : Well, I must say that you two...... are without doubt....... both gentlemen and scholars 

No comments: