WHAT DISTINGUISHES A BRIDGE LEGEND FROM THE REST.............. ( Observations by Sigmund T. Schukelgruber )
Many bridge players are blessed with real ability and a potential to succeed but only the few go on to achieve fame and glory. So what distinguishes them from the others ? The answer in my book is the right mind set and attitude.
Good bridge players fall into six categories, as illustrated below , but it is the last one which defines the true legends of the game.
1. Players who refuse to believe it can happen
2. Those who don't even dare dream it might happen
3. Others who secretly wish it might happen
4. Many of course who want it to happen
5. Several who expect it to happen
6. The special few WHO SET OUT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN