Friday 30 October 2009

BRIDGE PARTNERS : HOWARD BIGOT-JOHNSON LAYS DOWN HIS RULES
  • Let's face it there's not much point playing bridge if your partner is a complete bumbledog or an undisciplined buffoon. Wretched results will propel you into a nightmare world of gloom, despondency and despair. So I have laid down the 7 golden rules to anyone intent on being my regular partner:
  1. You must always come to the table with an open mind, and in most cases an open wallet ( remember you are playing with a professional )
  2. You must always pay attention to what I say, and follow my instructions to the letter
  3. Never lie to me about your hand ( unless of course you are a pain-loving masochist )
  4. Results are everything.....so don't get complacent with average pluses
  5. Look for tells.....
  6. Without compromising rule 3, manoeuvre the bidding wherever possible so I get to play the contract
  7. You must take note of every single mistake you made. A written list will be sent to you soon after each and every session, with stern warnings that any repetition of such will give rise to severe verbal ear-bashings.

No comments: