Saturday 31 October 2009

THE X FACTOR : WELL I HAVE IT SAYS BRIDGE WIZARD BIGOT-JOHNSON .......
  • Oh yes, I have that X factor alright. As a man, I possess both X and Y chromosomes, but let me tell you that my X ones are big......really big. Each one consists of 1000 genes or more, which are therefore known as " X-linked genes". My Y chromosome , which carries the instructions for male development and little else, probably number fewer than a 100 genes in all.
  • However, having only one copy of X-linked genes ( one allele) makes men far more vulnerable to deleterious mutations that adversely affect the functions encoded by these genes.....certainly more vulnerable than females with two copies ( two alleles ). This explains why so many male-only diseases are attributable to defective genes on the X chromosome. Sadly, I am one of those men who possess gene mutations, which probably account for my club feet, nervous twitches, distorted facial features, hunched back, daily delusions of grandeur, coupled with intermittent bouts of insanity. However, one of my other abnormalities proved to be a godsend.........for I am truly blessed with a superb bridge brain......which my doctor says is all down to being a high level autistic oddity.
  • So unlike most men who have a normal insignificant x factor and of course weak and feeble minds, my X stands for bridge god.

No comments: