THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY REVISITED.......................
- Bare queen : a transvestite player who finds himself the victim of an elegant stripping procedure
- Pole position : an essential prerequisite before embarking upon an entry making manoeuvre
- Handicap : a name given to one's partner who is worse than useless
- 4th highest : the smallest player at the table
- Claim : a right that all obstreperous, territorially-minded, players impose upon others, with regards to a particular seat at a certain table
- Handicap event : one in which every good player is obliged to partner an inept, error prone bumbledog