Friday 14 August 2009

DR. SIGMUND T. SCHUKELGRUBER WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IF BOB DYLAN HAD BEEN A BRIDGE PLAYER?............................... then he would have surely used these alternative lyrics to the song "The House of the Rising Sun".....lyrics that might have gone like this:
  • There is a house in Fishbein Road......where bridge boys go to play
  • It's been the ruin of many a marriage....just how many I cannot say
  • The game of bridge is such a pull..... which no one as yet can resist
  • 'Cus the thrill of making trick after trick.....is nothing short of bliss
  • Now the only thing a player needs......is a system that carries no flaws
  • And the only time he's ever satisfied.....is when it delivers good scores
  • Or when hands are bid to the limit...with opponents in all kind of trouble
  • 'Cus should they decide to the bid again ..... you're in with a juicy double
  • But I warn all those thinking of joining...there's a risk of ruining your lives
  • By going to that house in Fishbein Road...you may end up losing your wives
  • Yet I'll be back for another game....whilst at home there wont be a sound
  • Either my wife has found a new lover....or she's digging a hole in the ground
  • So with the club my shrine, cards my drug....I must visit the house whilst I'm able
  • Nothing must stop me claiming my seat.....as the boards arrive at the table

No comments: