Tuesday 4 August 2009

DR. SIGMUND T. SCHUKELGRUBER SPEAKING: these bridge table antics....will they ever stop? Am I destined to be the victim of yet more acts of blatant gamesmanship? Firstly, there was an incident when a defender told his partner that he had quitted a trick wrongly. On being informed of his transgression, he promptly replied "Hey, we're all friends here", and continued to play on as though nothing had happened. To put it mildly I was completely gobsmacked by this display of laid-back indifference. Then minutes later a second incident took place about which I seemed unable to obtain sympathy or redress. At risk again of being unfairly damaged.....I politely confronted a hard-nosed, dubious looking defender with the question:"How many times are you going to glance at partner to gauge the reaction to your lead?" With dagger looks he sneared back, "I never did that, but what if I had ...try proving it". Well, I am beginning to wonder what this game is coming to?

No comments: